Every year, we survey thousands of Aussie couples to find out their wedding plans, where they are headed for their honeymoons, and much, much more. This year, we uncovered some interesting honeymoon travel trends for Australians celebrating their honeymoons. These were the top 10 destinations for honeymooners:
Have you asked a friend or family member to do a reading during your ceremony?
Yes, we haveNo, we haven’t VOTE AND SEE RESULTS
- QueenslandSurprisingly, this year our sunny state QLD topped the list for the most popular destination to travel to post honeymoon, with couples choosing to head to Cairns, the gold cost, the sunshine coast, and more for their trip with their new spouse.
- EuropeEurope remains a travel fave for couples, with many choosing to start their married life with a trip across the globe to explore the sights in Italy, France, Germany, Scandinavia and many more.
- FijiThe tropical destination of Fiji has been a favourite for Australians for years, and this year, it took out the third spot.
- USAMany couples still find themselves heading to N
- ew York, California, Miami and all over the US for their honeymoon.
- MaldivesAhh, the Maldives. Clear blue water, overwater bungalows, tropical cocktails and complete serenity. It’s easy to see why it’s become more and more popular in recent years as a destination for Australian couples to head on their honeymoon.
- BaliBali is still a hot fave, as the party vibes, the afforda
- ble flights and the incredible massages and spa pampering tends to win couples over. Especially if you’re flying from WA, the flights to Bali are a little hard to resist!
- HawaiiWith plenty of amazing packages to Hawaii out there, couples love heading to this tropical oasis for their Honeymoon.
- New ZealandOur neighbours across the ocean have had plenty of Australian honeymooners visiting them for the past few years – and we expect that to continue in 2019, with plenty of Australian couples heading to NZ for their honeymoon.
- ThailandElephants, beaches and cocktails- what more could you want on your honeymoon? Many couples opted to see Thailand on their honeymoon as it continuously proves to be an affordable and luxurious option.
- JapanAll of those amazing flight deals really struck a chord with honeymooners, with thousands of couples opting to go to Japan and hitting up Osaka, Tokyo, Hiroshima, Hakone and much, much more and eating the best Ramen in the world.
For amazing honeymoon packages, be sure to check out Easy Weddings Honeymoons.